Early morning. Quite. No music. No news. No starting title.
On this Sunday in my studio, nothing but my materials and my full attention.
7 day practice….what I think I know for sure….
- That I have habits with which I approach a drawing. Altered several, in this final composition. Assume it’s obvious.
- That I love graphite…and paper.
- That I can blow everything off and focus on making something, out of nothing, for 7 full days. Over 100 degree temperatures outside help the matter.
- Drawing is a complex sequence of tasks.
- I can complete what I start…starting is key.
- The experience is invaluable to the experiencer.
- Finally and importantly… Drawing people in to the drawing…is not easy but is worthwhile and necessary.
Now…A much needed Pause…